Keto Chicken Stir Fry
Ready in 30 minutes or less, this Keto Chicken Stir Fry is flavourful, packed with low carb vegetables and is deliciously saucy!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ½ lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 ½ cups broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 small baby bok choy
Heat a wok or skillet on medium high with 2 tbsp avocado oil. Chop the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and add to the skillet once the oil is hot. Cook until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°, then remove and set aside.
While the chicken is cooking, prep the veggies. Slice up the red pepper, bok choy and onion, chop the cauliflower and broccoli into bite sized pieces, then peel and mince the garlic and ginger.
Once the chicken has been removed from the hot skillet, add an additional 1 tbsp of avocado oil if needed. Toss in the onion, red pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, ginger and garlic. Fry until the veggies are vibrant and soft, about 5 minutes, then toss in the chicken and bok choy.
Whisk sesame oil with the xanthan gum, then mix in the remaining sauce ingredients. Pour into the hot skillet, allow it to come to a simmer, then serve hot.
- Make sure the hot is nice and hot before adding the chicken, then allow it to fry for a couple of minutes before stirring the chicken around. This will give it time to sear properly so that it won't stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has cooked to the correct temperature. We don't want to make anyone sick!
- Be sure to prep the veggies while the chicken is cooking so that this Keto Chicken Stir Fry can be ready as quick as possible.
- Hate mincing garlic? Me too! I like to use a Garlic Press to avoid the whole situation!
- We fry the veggies on medium high, for a short amount of time, to give them a delicious fried flavour and texture.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre and sugar alcohols from the total carbs to get 7.4 g net carbs per 1/4 of the whole Keto Stir Fry.
Serving: 0.25of whole recipe | Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.8g | Protein: 28.9g | Fat: 20.7g | Sodium: 1037mg | Sugar Alcohols: 9g | Net Carbs: 7.4g