Looking for a little slice of heaven? Check out this recipe for Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce and Salted Peanuts so you can create one!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
Yup, you read that right. TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE with CARAMEL SAUCE and SALTED PEANUTS!
Whoa whoa whoa… Too much you say? Definitely Not! Love me some chocolatey goodness. Throw in caramel and peanuts? Perhaps some pyjamas and a glass of wine? Do I dare suggest a child free hour? Oh boy now we’re getting somewhere!
I have to say that I am the cheesecake queen. Not only is it my favourite dessert to shove my face into, but I love to make it as well! From mint chocolate cheesecake to New York style with blueberry sauce, the possibilities are endless!
How to make triple chocolate cheesecake
Prep a springform pan and make the oreo crust.
In a stand mixer beat cream cheese then sugar, sour cream, cornstarch, cocoa, salt, vanilla and eggs. Slowly pour in melted chocolate until fully incorporated then scrape cheesecake into prepared pan.
Using a water bath, bake cheesecake at 350° for 45-55 minutes, until the edges are puffy but the center is still jiggly.
Open the oven door just a bit allowing the cake to rest inside for one hour. Let cake rest on the counter until it comes to room temperature before refrigerating.
Once the cake is cooled, make the ganache and pour over the cheesecake while still inside the springform pan. Allow to set for one hour.
How to make caramel sauce
For the caramel sauce, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine and then cook without stirring until sugar has turned a dark amber colour. Slowly add the warmed cream while whisking and simmer for 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and salt. Cool slightly.
I have a lot of great cheesecake tips up my sleeve! To check them out in detail, read my Cheesecake Tips post!
Love this recipe? Try these:
Give this little piece of heaven a try and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Pin this for later!
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce and Salted Peanuts
- 20 oreos or 2cups oreo crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream warmed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Small Microwave Safe Bowl or Double Boiler
- Heavy Duty Tin Foil
- Small Saucepan
- Set the oven to 350°. Melt 1 cup chopped chocolate in the microwave or double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Grease an 8″ springform pan with butter. In a food processor, pulse Oreos until fine crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and press into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a stand up mixer with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat well, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream, cornstarch, cocoa, salt and vanilla, again scraping down the bowl as needed. Add one egg at a time, mixing after each egg. Turn mixer down to low and slowly pour in the melted chocolate until just combined.
Prepping to bake
- Time to build a water bath! Wrap the springform pan in heavy duty tin foil so it covers the bottom and comes up the sides of the pan. Place the tin foil wrapped springform pan inside a large roasting pan. Pour the cheesecake batter over the Oreo crust and smooth out the top. Add boiling water to the pan until it reaches about 1/2 an inch up the side of the springform pan. Check out my Cheesecake Tips for more details!
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes. The edges will be puffy but the center will still be jiggly. Once baked, open the oven door just a bit (you can place a wooden spoon in the way so it can’t close) allowing the cake to rest inside for one hour, then pull the cake out and let it sit on the counter until it comes to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, preferably overnight, the ganache can be made. Melt the chocolate, white sugar and heavy cream in the microwave or double boiler and pour over cheesecake layer in the springform pan. Allow the ganache to set in the refrigerator for one hour.
- For the caramel sauce, combine the sugar and 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine and then cook without stirring until sugar has turned a dark amber colour. (10+ minutes) Slowly add the warmed cream while whisking – the mixture will boil up all crazy like so be cautious. Simmer for 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and salt. Cool slightly.
- Remove sides of springform pan before pouring caramel over cake. Garnish with salted peanuts. Try not to eat the whole thing in one evening! Yum!