Nothing but deliciousness layered beautifully in a parfait cup… Don’t you want to just dive on it?
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
So I was digging around in my cupboards, looking for something to go with this entire brick of cream cheese I had kickin’ around in my fridge just begging to be turned into some sort of cheesecake delight. My daughter was annoyingly hounding me for strawberries on my very busy hunt through my baking cupboard, when DING! Did you say strawberries my love? What about strawberry sauce, smothered in chocolate ganache, drenched over vanilla cheesecake and crumbled graham crumbs? Now we are getting somewhere! And of course my husband is home just for another week before he heads back out of town for work, so every dessert must be stupidly romantic! Naturally I thought of a lovely parfait. Not just any parfait of course, this incredible Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait!
I love using graham crackers crumbled rather than the graham crumbs you can buy because they are so fine, you really don’t get a good crunch. The plain vanilla cheesecake works so well with the sweet strawberry sauce and what is more delicious than chocolate ganache? This epic Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait tastes like a New York cheesecake loaded with chocolate covered strawberries. Seriously delish!
Pin it for later!
How to make parfaits
Parfaits are generally layers of different flavours and textures added to a clear bowl or cup to show off different colours and patterns. This parfait starts off with hand crushed graham crumbs, then a creamy vanilla no bake cheesecake, a layer of strawberry sauce and then some ganache. Carefully add those layers again in that same order, then top off the parfait with fresh whipped cream and a chocolate covered strawberry!
Like this? Check out these recipes:
I hope you love this deliciously romantic Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait! If you make it at home, tell me how you liked it in the comment section below!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
- 6 graham crackers
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 x 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan bring the diced strawberries and white sugar to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Push through a strainer and cool.
- In a microwave melt the semi sweet chocolate chips and 1/3 cup whipping cream. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment whip 2/3 cup whipping cream into soft peaks. Add the vanilla and whip into firm peaks. Scrape out and set aside.
- In the same bowl with the paddle attachment whip the cream cheese until all the lumps are gone. Add the icing sugar and whip until light and fluffy. Scrape down when necessary. Mix in half of the whipped cream.
- Assemble this beauty! Crumble 3 graham crackers into the bottom of the parfait cup. Dole out half the cheesecake and smooth out until its level. Pour half the strawberry sauce over the cheesecake and set in the freezer for a few minutes. Pour half the ganache over the strawberry sauce and set again for a few minutes. Repeat with the second half of the graham crumbs, then the cheesecake, the strawberry sauce and the ganache. Pipe the remaining whipped cream on top last, grab a couple spoons with the hottie next to you and dive on in!