Greek Spinach and feta Stuffed Chicken. You won’t miss the carbs in this Greek seasoned chicken stuffed with spinach, feta, garlic and onion.
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
I’ve been craving Spinach, Feta and Chicken Cannelloni with Rosé Sauce all week. It seems I can never get enough of that delicious dish! Trying to eat a little less pasta in my life, I thought up a way to enjoy my favourite part: those scrumptious guts!
With a greek twist, this recipe for Greek Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken perfectly satisfied that cannelloni crave with an extra bonus: No carby pasta coma!
How to prepare stuffed chicken breast
Stuffed chicken breast may seem daunting however it is actually very easy to do! For this Greek stuffed chicken breast you start by slicing into the breasts lengthwise, then combing onion, thawed spinach, garlic, lemon juice and feta in a bowl. Stuff the guts into the sliced chicken breast and lay them on a baking dish. Brush the tops with an egg wash before coating in the greek seasoning!
How long to cook stuffed chicken breast
Stuffed chicken generally takes about 30 minutes to bake at 375°, however if the breast is larger it could take 40 minutes. Chicken can give you salmonella poisoning if under cooked so it’s a really good idea to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure it is properly cooked through.
What to serve with stuffed chicken breast
Mama Bear’s Garden Salad was the perfect accompaniment for this Greek Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken. A Kale Caesar Salad with Creamy Caesar Dressing or a Greek Salad would also pair wonderfully. I happened to have some tzatziki kickin’ it in my fridge which I used to dip the chicken in.. it was epic!
Looking for some bread to pair with this dish? Try some toasted naan bread or this Tomato Basil Low Carb Flatbread.
Like this recipe? Try one of these next:
I hope you love this healthy way to spice up chicken. Give it a shot and let me know in the comment section below what you think and don’t forget to sign up to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter so you are kept up to date with the latest and greatest!
Pin this for later!
Greek Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and completely drained of water
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
Preheat oven to 375°. Cut the chicken breasts open in a vertical line so that the chicken breast is just about cut in half; be sure not to cut all the way through.
- In a small bowl mix the spinach, feta, lemon juice, red onion and garlic. Divide the mixture in half and stuff each half into each chicken breast, then place the stuffed breasts into a baking dish.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush a thick layer onto the top of the chicken. Mix the remaining ingredients together and divide between the two breasts, pat the spices to help them stick.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is 180°. Serve hot.