At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
Mmmmmm yummy… Who doesn’t love sausage, tortellini, broccoli or delicious alfredo sauce? I sure do! I’m guessing you do as well, or you would not be on this page, reading this recipe, drooling a little, possibly even smelling fried sausage…
You can use any sausage of your choice, in this recipe I used my homemade sausages!
Yeah I said Homemade Sausages! They are actually quite easy to make if you have the right tools!
My wonderful husband bought me a BRIGHT PINK KitchenAid stand mixer for Christmas a few years back! Love that man! <insert hearts and kisses> Definitely the best gift he has ever given me (besides our precious girls) and I use it religiously!
I have the meat grinder and sausage attachment for it. I buy sausage casing from the meat department at my local grocery store then go wild with all the possibilities!! I like to know what goes into my sausages and enjoy being able to choose how fatty to make them!
This recipe is an excellent choice for a weekday meal! With only 30 minutes from start to finish, you’ve got a great meal the whole family can enjoy. It also reheats great if you manage to have leftovers, perfect to pack up for work lunches!
Love this recipe? Try these:
Sausage Tortellini Alfredo with Broccoli
- 3 sausages your favourite brand
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 package fresh tortellini
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 cups cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil and heat up a skillet pan so it’s nice and hot. Fry the whole sausages until they are cooked through. Remove from heat and slice into rounds once cool enough to touch.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, cook the tortellini per package instructions. Add the chopped broccoli when there is one minute left.
- While the tortellini is cooking, the sauce can be made. Melt the butter in the hot sausage pan. Add the garlic and cook until fragrance, just a moment. Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and reduce for five minutes. Whisk in the parmesan cheese slowly and allow to simmer another minute or two.
- When the tortellini is complete, strain out the water and add it to the sauce along with the sausage. Mix well, serve and enjoy!