This is seriously the best entree salad in the entire world. I am not exaggerating! I swear!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
The first time I ate this thai chicken salad with peanut dressing was with my husband when we were first together and I still have fond memories that come to mind while I eat it. We had ordered take out from a restaurant, I couldn’t believe how delicious it was! The sad part is it was never quite the same as that very first time. I kept chasing that perfect salad and coming up short.
How to make thai peanut salad dressing
So began the process of creating a perfect salad dressing. It went on for years before I finally nailed down exactly the type of peanut salad dressing I like, and I’ve never looked back! Simply add 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar to my Peanut Sauce and you’ve got yourself a delicious thai peanut salad dressing!
Looking for a side for that Peanut Chicken Salad?
If you want to add a side dish to this Peanut Chicken Salad I would recommend some crispy spring rolls or gyozas! They both pair wonderfully with this yummy salad.
Vegetarian or Low Carb?
For a vegetarian option, the chicken could be switched out for blanched broccoli, avocado or cooked spinach. For low carb, switch the rice noodles for zucchini noodles!
Love peanut sauce? Check out these:
Hey Friends! Did you like this recipe? Like my Mama Bear’s Cook Book page on Facebook!
Pin this for later!
Peanut Chicken Salad
- 1 head leaf lettuce thinly shredded
- 113 grams dried large rice sticks (1/4 of a 454g package)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 medium beet shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1 chicken breast bone in skin on
- 1 full recipe Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- green onion sliced thin
- salted peanuts
- Bake chicken breast on a baking sheet with a non stick mat in the oven at 375° until internal temperature is 180°. Careful remove the bone and skin, and chop into chunks.
- While the chicken is baking make the Peanut Sauce, add 2 tbsp rice vinegar and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil and cook the rice sticks as per package instructions. Drain, stir in the sesame oil, then 1/2 cup of the peanut sauce.
- To assemble: Cover two dinner plates with the leaf lettuce then divide the rice noddles between them. Sprinkle shredded beets and carrots over the plates. The diced chicken breasts goes next, then split the remaining Peanut Dressing between each salad. Garnish with green onion and salted peanuts!