You can’t go wrong with these delicious Marinated Teriyaki Chicken Thighs!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
Oh yes, I sure do have a love affair with this Teriyaki Marinade. Marinated Teriyaki Chicken Thighs? Yes please! Teriyaki Beef Flank Steak Skewers? Oh yes! Teriyaki Salmon? Definitely. I could just keep going. Today I’m introducing you to my Teriyaki Marinade! And I’m using my favourite meat.. chicken thighs!
How to cook teriyaki chicken thighs
Marinated Teriyaki Chicken Thighs are crazy simple to make and don’t call for any unusual ingredients.
First you’ll want to toast the sesame seeds.
Heat a tsp of sesame oil in a small saucepan and once hot, add the sesame seeds and cook for a couple of minutes until the seeds have turned golden brown.. keep an eye on them, they will burn quickly.
Throw the rest of the ingredients into the saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
Whisk cold water and cornstarch together and slowly whisk into the sauce. Continue to stir until it is fully thickened, about a minute or two. Cool the sauce completely.
Toss boneless skinless chicken thighs with the sauce and marinade in the fridge for at least two hours, preferably overnight.
When you’re ready, bake these beauties at 375° for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180°.
How long does it take to cook chicken thighs in a slow cooker?
Slow cooked Teriyaki Chicken Thighs? Totally! This dish can easily convert into a slow cooker meal! Super easy peasy. All you do is dump the contents of the ziplock bag into the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours! Delicious weeknight dinner.
What goes with Teriyaki Chicken Thighs?
Do you like broccoli? This Broccoli Gomae is broccoli tempura, drenched in peanut sauce; basically heaven on earth and a perfect side for these Marinated Teriyaki Chicken Thighs.
Like chicken thighs? Check out these recipes:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter so you never have to miss a delicious recipe!
Pin this for later!
Marinated Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Delicious marinated teriyaki chicken thighs everyone will love. Juicy paired with sweet and salty, the perfect combination.
- 2/3 cup soya sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated or minced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Heat a small sauce pan on medium high and add 1 tsp of sesame oil. Once hot, add the sesame seeds and cook until golden brown.
- Mix in the soya sauce, 2/3c water, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, remaining sesame oil, grated/minced garlic and grated/minced ginger. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for five minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch and 3 tbsp cold water and pour slowly into the sauce while whisking. Cook for a couple more minutes, until the sauce is thick. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cool, toss the sauce with the chicken thighs in a large ziplock bag and marinade for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Dump the ziplock bag out into a baking dish including the marinade. Bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reached 180°. Serve hot.