These juicy Low Carb Turkey Burgers will have you feeling pretty darn lucky to be eating low carb!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
I am a huge burger fan! Especially Friday night burgers. There’s something special about celebrating the weekend with a big fat juicy burger, am I right?
I’ve been making a lot of turkey and chicken dishes lately because my husband isn’t eating pork or beef at the moment, and have been super craving a giant, juicy, beef burger. So with that crave in mind, I built this epic low carb turkey burger with all the typical beef burger trimmings.. Delicious!
I’ve made these beauties several times now because they are just so dang good! I hope you love them too 🙂
What is in these Low Carb Turkey Burgers?
This Low Carb Turkey Burger has a patty made of ground turkey, almond flour, onion, garlic, bbq sauce, egg, salt and pepper. I like to use 90 Second Keto Breads for these yummy burgers but they would be great without the buns too.
The trimmings are up to you, but if it were me, I would definitely have mayo, mustard, bbq sauce, cheddar cheese, crisp bacon and lettuce. Yum!
Low Carb Turkey Burger recipe
These Low Carb Turkey Burgers are super easy to make!
Heat oven to 375°. Dice up some onion and mince a couple of cloves of garlic. In a medium bowl add ground turkey, onion, garlic, an egg, Low Carb BBQ Sauce, sea salt, ground black pepper and almond flour.
Line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper. Mix the burgers well then shape into four patties and place each evenly on the baking sheet. Bake the burgers with additional Low Carb BBQ Sauce until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
Five minutes before the burgers are fully cooked, make the 90 Second Keto Breads and prep the other choice ingredients.
Build the burgers with your choice of spreads, sauces and other optional toppings!
Low Carb BBQ Sauce
I swear bbq sauce is my worst enemy.. because it is sooo delicious! Am I right? I love the stuff. Can’t get enough. No way could I live my life without BBQ sauce. The biggest problem I face is that I am incredibly picky. My favourite is a beautifully smokey sauce that has an intense flavour yet not super spicy. Throw that in with the whole no sugar thing? Yeah, good luck finding a yummy BBQ sauce, right?
So I made my own.
This Low Carb BBQ Sauce is smokey, intense, mildly spicy and super easy to make! I use sukrin gold to sweeten the sauce which doesn’t have any nasty aftertaste.
Low Carb Bun Options
90 Second Keto Bread
This is definitely one of my favourite recipes. Life got a whole lot easier once I built this 90 Second Keto Bread. Now I can have a burger or sandwich in minutes without caving and eating something I shouldn’t!
Low Carb Onion Buns
Packed with flavour, these Low Carb Onion Buns take a little longer than the 90 Second Keto Breads, but are worth it if you’ve got the time!
Low Carb Everything Bagels
These Low Carb Everything Bagels are excellent for sandwiches, especially these turkey burgers!
Low carb sides to serve with these Low Carb Turkey Burgers
These beauties are pretty filling on their own so often make them without any accompaniments, but if you are looking for a little extra, here are a few ideas:
- Kale Caesar salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Cheddar and Kale
- Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
Love this recipe? Try these low carb recipes next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest!
Low Carb Turkey Burgers
- cheddar cheese
- sugar free ketchup
- Medium Bowl
- Baking Sheet with Non Stick Baking Mat
- Heat oven to 375°. Dice up the onion and mince the garlic. In a medium bowl add the ground turkey, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup Low Carb BBQ Sauce, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and almond flour.
- Line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper. Mix the burgers well then shape into four patties and place each evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush the burgers well with the low carb bbq sauce, then bake for 5 minutes. Flip the burgers over, brush with more low carb bbq sauce and bake for 5-10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Five minutes before the burgers are fully cooked, make the 90 Second Keto Breads and prep the other choice ingredients.
- When the Low Carb Turkey Burgers are fully cooked, build the burgers with your choice of spreads, sauces and other optional toppings! Yum!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.Nutrition facts are calculated for the patty and keto bread without any additions. Deduct fibre (4.3g) and sugar alcohols (3g) from the total carbs (13.8g) to get 6.5 g net carbs per serving.