These low carb burgers are amazing. Crispy chicken patty, bacon, avocado and cheddar, sandwiched together with a 90 second keto bread smothered in chipotle mayo?
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
Yes, you read that right! This recipe is for a Low Carb Chipotle Chicken Burger, and it’s TO DIE FOR! If you are having guests over, and don’t feel like cheating, make them these amazing chipotle chicken burgers and they will seriously not know the difference! You can make yourself a 90 Second Keto Bun in minutes and have Brioche buns for your guests!
These Low Carb Chipotle Chicken Burgers are half of a chicken breast dunked in a chipotle wash egg and coated with a delicious breading made of almond flour, parmesan cheese, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Serve them on a bun loaded with chipotle mayo, aged cheddar cheese, avocado and bacon! These are seriously drool worthy.
How to bake chicken burgers
Chicken burgers are really easy to make! I love to feed them to friends and family because who doesn’t love a breaded chipotle chicken burger? Also, they can be made earlier in the day and kept in the fridge until you are ready to bake them. Here is the step by step process of how to bake chicken burgers.
First you want to slice your breasts in half horizontally, as even as possible, so that your two full chicken breasts become 4 thin chicken cutlets. I don’t recommend using an entire breast for each burger because it will make the burgers way too thick, especially after you add the breading and then the toppings.
Using one hand, dunk a chicken cutlet into the egg wash and then drop into the breading without touching it. Using the other hand, roll the chicken around into the breading to ensure full coverage on both sides. You want to avoid getting the breading wet because it will clump up very easily, which is why it’s a good idea to use separate hands for the egg wash and breading.
Lay the chicken burger on a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment and repeat for the other three cutlets. Once you’ve made your four burgers you can bake them at 375° for 25-30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 180° and the coating is nice and toasty!
Build the burgers with chipotle mayo, Crispy bacon, aged white cheddar cheese and some thick sliced avocado! Yummy!
What goes with chicken burgers
Ever tried Avocado Fries? They are amazing and pair perfectly with that extra chipotle mayo you have in that bowl, leftover from the epic Chipotle Chicken Burgers you are about to make! I have a delicious recipe for Low Carb Avocado Fries you will absolutely love!
Want something lighter? Try a salad! Here are my favourites:
Don’t forget to make a 90 Second Keto Bun for your Low Carb Chipotle Chicken Burger 🙂
Chipotle Mayo Recipe
It is not a secret that I absolutely love chipotle mayo. My bestie introduced me to this specific brand of chipotle hot sauce that is seriously delish. All you do it take some mayo, add in some of this Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce, a dash of sea salt and mix! You’ve got yourself a delicious chipotle mayo in the blink of an eye!
You actually have leftover burgers?? Lucky you! Try out this delicious Bacon Ranch Lettuce Wrap!
Cook two pieces of bacon. Chop up one leftover patty and toss it in ranch dressing. Wash and dry two pieces of lettuce and divide the chicken between the two. Top with bacon and roll up the lettuce to form two Bacon Ranch Lettuce Wraps. YUM!
Love this recipe? Try these other low carb burgers next:
Love this recipe? What type of low carb burger should I create next? Let me know in the comment section below the recipe card!
Pin this for later!
Low Carb Chipotle Chicken Burger
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 x 90 Second Keto Bread or Brioche Buns for those that don’t require low carb
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chipotle hot sauce
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 tsp chipotle hot sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt
- red onion
- Heat oven to 400°. Prep your work station by setting up the baking sheet with the non stick baking mat, combine the breading ingredients in a medium bowl, then whisk the egg wash ingredients in another medium bowl. Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally so that you have four thin cutlets.
- With one hand dip a chicken breast into the egg wash, coating the whole surface, then place into the breading bowl. With the other hand, flip the breast around so that it gets covered with breading and place on the baking sheet in the form of a circle. Repeat with the remaining three chicken cutlets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 180°. Make your 90 Second Keto Bread (or have brioche buns for the non-low-carbers) and build your burgers with whatever toppings you like! I love to load on the chipotle mayo, aged cheddar cheese, bacon and thick sliced avocado. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.For 1 burger including the patty and bun, without toppings: Calories: 644 Net Carbs: 3 Protein: 48 Fat: 48