This Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad is a crowd favourite and a breeze to create!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
You have landed on one of my most famous recipes: Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad. I’ve been making this salad for years, and is a recipe very close to my heart. It is one of the first recipes that I created from the depths of my mind, that got me excited to continue creating and pulling ideas from simple imagination.
At first I was just making it for my husband to take to work. From there it branched out to requests from family, and finally to excitement from co-workers, asking for that ‘purple quinoa’ to be featured in the deli display case that day (mostly so they could have it for lunch).
And here it is, a recipe written in stone so that you can create magic too!
What is in Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad?
This particular quinoa salad is FULLY LOADED with delicious veggies and feta cheese!
Besides quinoa there is shredded beets and carrots, diced green onion, chopped broccoli and spinach, crumbled feta and corn! My dressing of choice for this delicious Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad is Mama Bear’s House Dressing, but if you are short on time, any Italian dressing would fit perfectly.
How to make quinoa salad
Bring a medium saucepan 1/2 full of water to a boil and add the quinoa. Boil, uncovered, for 12 minutes, then strain the water out. Mix the corn into the hot quinoa and set aside to cool. In the meantime prep the veggies.
Shred a couple of carrots, a beet, dice some green onion, chop the broccoli, spinach and crumble 1/2 a cup of feta cheese. Make a double batch of Mama Bear’s House Dressing.
Once the quinoa has cooled completely, mix in the dressing and then the beets until fully combined, then mix in the remaining veggies. Lastly, toss the salad with the feta.
Serve and enjoy!
How long does quinoa salad last?
This Loaded Veggies Quinoa salad should last 3-5 days in the fridge if sealed properly.
If you plan on making it ahead of time, it will keep in pristine condition for a day or so, then the vegetables will begin to wilt.
A good suggestion for if you want to make it a couple of days in advance: you could keep the dressing separate from the vegetables and mix them all together right before you need to serve it.
What goes with Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad?
Sooooo many dishes go with this Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad! Here is a list of my favourites:
- Roast Turkey Avocado Bacon on Focaccia
- Epic Yam Fries with Chipotle Mayo
- Asian Turkey Burger
- Yam and Red Potato Salad with Bacon
- Cheesy Focaccia Flatbread
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium beet
- 2 cups broccoli diced
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1/2 bunch spinach chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1.5-2 batches of Mama Bear’s House Dressing
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, and add the quinoa once boiling. Continue boiling for 12 minutes then strain the water from the quinoa. Toss with the corn then set aside to cool completely.
- Finely chop the spinach, dice the broccoli and green onion, crumble the feta cheese and grate the carrots and beet.
- Make the House Dressing and pour into the quinoa. Add in the beets and carrots and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and toss until just combined.
- Keep refrigerated in a container with a tight fitting lid.