Welcome to your next favourite side.
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
I fell in love with this salad as a teenager. My mom used to make it all the time for our family. To make it a bit healthier, I nixed half the oil and some of the sugar from her recipe and added some more veggies. Now I make this salad all the time for my family! I usually make it with Chinese BBQ Pork and have recently added Broccoli Gomae to the menu… sooooo good! Tonight we had this Asian Crunchy Noodle Salad with Broccoli Gomae and some honey garlic chicken wings. It was pretty ridiculous how good it tasted. Basically the best combo ever. I could seriously eat this every single day for dinner.
How to make crunchy noodle salad
This salad is very easy to make. Start by frying up your crushed ramen noodles, almonds and sesame seeds in the butter. Set aside to cool once toasted. Combine the vinegar, oil and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute, set aside and once cool whisk in the soya sauce. Chop up the veggies and when ready to serve, add everything together! Yummy!
Tips and Tricks
It’s really important not to add the dressing to the salad until you’re just about to serve it. The noodles get soft very quickly. This is not a salad you would want for leftovers, luckily it’s so yummy I’d be surprised if there was any left! If you did want to prep it for a later time, just keep the veggies, noodles and dressing separate. I used to make this salad for my husband’s lunch every now and again. I would have the veggies in the bottom of a bowl with the noodles on top and pack the dressing in a small container. Then he would mix it up at lunch!
Like this recipe? Try these dishes with it!
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to stay up to date with the latest and greatest!
Pin this for later!
Asian Crunchy Noodle Salad
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 package dried oriental noodles seasoning packet removed and noodles crushed
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 medium head napa cabbage sliced thin
- 1.5 cups purple cabbage shaved
- 2 medium carrots julienned
- 2 sticks celery sliced thin diagonally
- 3 green onions sliced thin diagonally
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- Melt butter in a pan and toast the crushed noodles, sesame seeds and almonds until golden. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the oil, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1 minute. Set aside to cool before mixing in the soya sauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large salad bowl and toss. Mix in the toasted noodles and dressing right before serving.