This Chocolate Parfait is a romantic dessert made for two with layers of creamy, crunchy and supreme pleasure.
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
Okay, this recipe is just straight up dreamy. Chocolate over chocolate over raspberry sauce? Epic. Romantic. Delicious. A little bit Ridiculous.. ridiculously Awesome! … K’ I’m sure you get my point. SO GOOD! Got it? Good.
It had been a whole month since I had consumed any sugar. A MONTH! Generally I eat cheesecake like, once a week… or so… but it’s been an entire month! I had been dreaming up this epic Chocolate Parfait for a while and just couldn’t refrain myself any longer. And boy was I in heaven. Every single bite sent me to the moon with the bursting raspberry flavour and the different layers of decadent chocolate.
This recipe is one for the cook book; hands down one of the best desserts I’ve created yet.
What is a parfait made out of?
Parfaits are usually a dessert made up of different layers and textures. This Chocolate Parfait with Raspberry Sauce and Cheesecake starts off with a base of crushed oreo cookies, then a chocolate cheesecake, raspberry sauce, chocolate ganache and then those layers repeated.
How to make Chocolate Parfait
Start with the raspberry sauce. You want it cooked beforehand so it can completely cool. Toss raspberries with sugar and lemon juice and simmer for 8 minutes. Strain the seeds out and refrigerate!
Make the ganache layer by melting semi sweet chocolate chips with heavy cream. Set aside to cool.
The cheesecake layer can be made now. Melt more chocolate chips and set aside to cool. In a stand mixer whip some heavy cream and vanilla into firm peaks. Scrape into a bowl and set aside. Now whip up some cream cheese until smooth, add icing sugar and then the melted chocolate. Fold in the whipped cream
Crush oreo cookies into crumbs and set up your work station with the four components as well as your parfait glass. I love the look of a red wine glass and the extra romance it brings 😉
The Chocolate Parfait can now be built! Half of the oreo crumbs start off the parfait, than add ingredients layer by layer; try to be as even as possible. The chocolate cheesecake is second, then the raspberry sauce and the ganache. Repeat the layers, save 1 tbsp oreo crumbs for the top and garnish with fresh raspberries!
Tips and Tricks
There are a couple tricks you can do to help create this beautiful Chocolate Parfait.
- For a whole wack of tips and tricks on cheesecaking, check out my Cheesecake Tips post!
2. To make the prettiest layers, freeze the parfait in between each addition to fully set. In my photos you can see the raspberry sauce bled through to the cheesecake, which probably would not have happened if I had froze the parfait after the cheesecake addition, before the raspberry sauce.
3. Further on that, If the raspberry sauce is not fully set, the ganache will sink into the sauce. Flavour wise? It would be just as delicious if you didn’t freeze it, but the parfait is very beautiful when you can see the individual layers.
I hope you love this recipe! Here are some more parfaits to drool over:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter so you don’t miss out on the latest and greatest recipes!
Pin this for later!
Chocolate Parfait with Raspberry Sauce and Cheesecake
- 6 oreos
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 x 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1.25 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- Small Saucepan
- Small Microwave Safe Bowl
- Red Wine Glass or Parfait Cup
- Combine the raspberry sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes. Strain out all of the seeds and refrigerate until completely cool.
- Using a food processor or immersion blender with the processor attachment, crush the oreo cookies into oreo crumbs and set aside.
- Combine the ganache ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power until the chocolate is melted. Stir until the heavy cream and melted chocolate fully combine; set aside to cool.
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips; set aside to cool.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla and continue whipping into firm peaks. Scrape the whipped cream into a bowl and set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment whip the cream cheese until all the lumps are gone. Whip in the icing sugar and then the melted chocolate, scraping the bowl in-between. Stir in the whipped cream.
- Pour half the crushed Oreos into the bottom of a red wine glass or parfait cup and top with half of the chocolate cheesecake. Pour half of the raspberry sauce overtop and freeze to set (if you want even layers). Half of the ganache goes next and again freeze to set.
- Set aside 1 tbsp crushed Oreos then repeat the layers in the parfait glass. The remaining oreo crumbs, second half of the chocolate cheesecake, remaining raspberry sauce then the last of the ganache, freezing as needed between layers. Top off the parfait with the 1 tbsp oreo crumbs and fresh raspberries!