Looking for the best low carb chips? Low carb chips are a low-carb alternative to traditional potato or corn chips. In recent years, low carb diets such as the keto diet have become increasingly popular and low carb chips have grown in popularity too. There are now a variety of low carb chip options available on the market, from store-bought chips to homemade recipes that you can make at home. But with so many low carb chip options out there, what are the best low carb chips to buy and which low carb chip recipes should you try?
Here, we’ll explore all of your low carb chip options from store-bought chips to homemade low carb recipes. We’ll also provide our top 13 picks for low carb chips so you can enjoy snacking without worrying about your carb count. Plus, we’ll show you the best low carb chip recipes to make right in your own kitchen. So sit back, relax, and get ready to indulge in low-carb chip cravings with us!
Best Homemade Low Carb Chips Recipe: Tortilla Chips
The most popular chip is tortilla chips. Tortilla chips make a great snack for any occasion , but especially if you’re looking to stick low carb. Our low-carb tortilla chips recipe is made with just 3 simple ingredients. All you need is low carb tortillas, sea salt and olive oil. This recipe is a much better alternative than regular tortilla chips.
This recipe takes just 7 minutes to make and is only 3g net carbs per 8 chips. These tortilla chips are perfect for a keto diet or low-carb diet and pairs well with Keto Pico De Gallo, Keto Guacamole, sour cream and Keto Salsa.
Best Store Bought Low Carb Chips: Quest
By far the most recognized low carb chip brand is Quest Chips. These chips can be purchased at any grocery store or big box store and even online. They have just 4g net carbs and 18g protein per bag. Quest chips comes in many different flavors including chili lime, nacho cheese, ranch, nacho loaded taco chili lime, spicy sweet chili, and taco.
What Are Low Carb Chips?
Low carb chips are low in carbohydrates and high in fat. Most low-carb chips are made with almond flour, coconut flour or other low-carb flours. They can also be made with different combinations of seeds, nuts and spices. Low carb chips are perfect for snack time and make great keto snacks. The carb count is low for low-carb chips, which means that they won’t cause your blood sugar to spike or crash.
13 Best Low Carb Chips
These are some of the best low carb chips you can buy. Try them all and keep your favorites in the pantry for easy low carb snacking.
- Quest Nutrition Protein Chips – These low carb chips are a great option for those looking for low net carbs and still want the classic chip flavor.
- Hilo Life Low Carb Tortilla Chips – These keto friendly chips are low in carbs and high in fiber.
- Quevos Protein Chips – This low carb chips have a great crunch and come in many flavors, like nacho cheese, dill pickle, sour cream and onion, honey mustard and mesquite barbecue.
- Flock Keto Chicken Skin Chips – These low carb chips are made from chicken skins and offer a low-carb alternative to the classic potato chip and best of all zero carbs.
- Genius Gourmet Protein Keto Chips – These low carb chips are low in carbs, high in protein and come in yummy flavors like spicy nacho, ranch, bbq and chili lime. Not only do they make low carb chips but also delicious low carb peanut butter chocolate bars.
- Atkins Protein Chips – These low carb chips make a great snack and they have 4g net carbs, 13g protein and 4g fiber.
- ProtiWise Protein Chips– These low carb, low calorie chips are better than regular potato chips with just 7g carbs, and 120 calories per bag. It comes in flavors such as dill pickle, barbecue, ranch, spicy nacho cheese and salt and vinegar.
- Southern Snacks Low Carb Sweet Potato Chips – These baked chips are made with sweet potatoes, organic coconut oil and sea salt and spices.
- Mr. Tortilla’s Crunchy Chips – These low carb chips are gluten-free and low in calories, with just 8g carbs per serving. It comes in flavors such as multigrain, chili lemon, spicy 3 chiles, black truffle and sea salt.
- The Only Bean Crunchy Roasted Edamame Beans – With just 4g net carbs, 14g protein and 5g fiber these make a great low carb snack.
- Mrs. Cubbison’s Cheese Crisps – These crisps are made with parmesan cheese, has zero carbs and be eaten by themselves or added to a salad or soup.
- Sonoma Creamery Cheese Crisps – These crisps are low carb, high fat and protein making them an ideal keto snack with 10g protein, 7g carbs and 9g fat. They come in many flavors including pepper jack, everything cheddar, bacon cheddar, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and savory seed.
- Pork King Good Pork Rinds – These zero carb snacks are great for a keto diet. They come in several flavors like salted butter, pizza, pink salt and vinegar, onion and cour cream, nacho cheddar and white cheddar.
Best Low Carb Chip Recipes To Make At Home
When on a low-carb diet it’s always helpful to have low carb options available in the house. These low carb chip recipes are easy to make and are much better for you. Try these keto-friendly chips recipes:
- Nacho Keto Cheese Chips or Cheese Crisps
- Kale Chips
- Low Carb Crackers – made with parmesan cheese, flax seeds, chia seeds, almond flour and cheddar cheese as the main ingredient
Other Low Carb Snacks
When on a low carb or ketogenic diet you crave salty and crunchy snacks. It happens to all of us. There is just something about a nice crunchy snack that satisfies our hunger. These are some of our favorite low-carb snacks to make at home.
Mozzarella Sticks – A party favorite, mozzarella sticks are usually a no-no while on a low carb diet. However, these low carb mozzarella sticks are just 3.4g net carbs.
Cheesy Keto Flatbread – Just 1.3g net carbs and flavored with cheesy goodness and our spicy spaghetti spice recipe. Made with simple ingredients like egg, olive oil, mozzarella, and cream cheese. Cut with a pizza cutter for the perfect shapes.
The Best 90 Second Keto Bread Recipe – Indulge in this guilt free bread that is easy to make and can be used for so many recipes. At just 1.9g net carbs and 14.3g protein this is one of the best low carb snacks.
Crispy Low Carb Onion Rings – Now you don’t have to give up those onion rings as this low carb onion ring recipe is 5.5g net carbs. These low carb onion rings are made with ingredients such as pork rinds, chili powder, almond flour, and onion.
Almond Flour Tortillas – These almond flour tortillas make the perfect snack and can be used to make low carb tortilla chips, low carb tacos, breakfast burritos and so much more.
For more low carb keto snacks check out our blog on 41 Low Carb Keto Snacks
Frequently Asked Questions
When shopping for low carb chips, look for low carbohydrate and low sugar ingredients such as coconut flour, tapioca flour, almond flour, sunflower oil, egg whites, olive oil or cheese-based chips. These low carb ingredients will help keep your carbs low while still providing a delicious snack.
Yes! Some low carb chips are zero carbs, such as kale chips, cheese crips or pork rinds. These low carb chips make a perfect snack for those on the low-carb or keto diet. They’re also great to pair with low-carb dips and dressings!
Making low carb chips at home is easy—all you’ll need is a baking sheet, parchment paper, rolling pin, low-carb ingredients and your favorite low-carb seasonings. With just a little preparation time, you can make your own low carb chips in no time!
While eating regular chips aren’t for low carb diets you can still enjoy some low carb chips. Eating low carb chips is a great way to stay on track with your low-carb or keto diet. As long as you’re mindful of the type and amount of low carb chips you eat, they can be part of a balanced low-carb meal plan.
If you’re looking for low carb chips that are keto-friendly and still satisfy your craving for crunchy, salty snacks then look no further! There are many low carb chips out there that can help you get your salt and fat fix without going over your daily carb limit. Some low carb substitutes include cheese, sweet potatoes, pork rinds, and edamame beans.
The low carb chip revolution has arrived, with low carb chips becoming an increasingly popular snack among health-conscious dieters everywhere. From low carb tortillas to low carb onion rings, there are plenty of options available now for those looking for low carb chips to buy or make at home. Whether you’re following a keto diet, low-carb diet, or just looking to cut down on carbs overall, low carb chips are the perfect snack solution. Happy snacking!